Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ultrasound?


So... I haven't quite figured out, why women have to go though all the insane things in life just to freaking procreate, why Hubby, get's to sit back and say, "Now that wasn't so bad was it?". GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Today was my first OB/GYN appointment since discovering that we were unexpectedly expecting a new bean into the family. No not the legume variety. I head to the appointment, which I think is going to be standard, you know, the filling out of paper work, answering the same questions repeatedly written 50 different ways (seriously is this some kind of IQ test?). After a while, I won't lie, I actually wrote different answers, just to see if they ask me about the descrepancies... they didn't.

Then I am lead to see my doctor. Now I have done this before, but never have they done and ultrasound so early. When I found out they were going to do the "Viability check", I was instantly nervous. Like test taking nervous, sweaty palms nervous! Would I Pass? Would I Fail?

So they wheel in the Ultrasound Cart, and instead of the wand for the belly she whips out this strange, LOOOONNNNGGG attachment! I said, "What is that for?" Well I am told she needs to do an internal exam because I am so early. Say what? "You mean, that long, huge thing, is going up my Yee Haw?" "Yes, but don't worry, I put a lot of lubricant." Then I am thinking "Oh ok, lots of lube, well I need more than that! I need to add an addition on to my Yee Haw to make room for that sucker!

"A little pressure," she says. More like raming pressure, and this is not at all adding ease, now I am freaking that this thing can puncture a lung, not just my uterus! Then all of a sudden on the screen was Bean. Heart Beat fluttering away (from what they tell me, I couldn't see anything but static looking stuff, but don't tell Bean that), I try to enjoy this moment. Fear still creeps in, as I worry about my prior experience. I hope that this time, will be different from the last.

I leave the Dr. office sore, hoping it is from said "Ram", not any signs of anything going awry, but with some hope. Maybe this is the Bean we were meant to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment