Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

OMGosh I am sooooo tired!!!


OK! So! I have already written about our unexpected pregnancy, we are going to get our first glimpse at said bean next Tuesday. I will be sure to update you about that visit! Anyhow, I have not been pregnant in a good 7 years (with the exception of the miscarriage 18 months ago which I had no symptoms of pregnancy at all with that one, and it shoulda been the red flag right there!). Well I never realized how all that pregnancy stuff, and memories, can go shooting out the windows once you set eyes on that beautiful baby! But let me tell you... It does...

I was sitting on the couch yesterday... mind you this is my new campsite. I can be found here regularly, when in doubt check the couch! Anyway... I was on the couch, talking on the phone with my girlfriend, complaining about being tired and not knowing why???

She said, " You are kidding right?"

And I am like, "Um... No? Why?"

And she is like, " Well duh! You are pregnant!"

So then it occurred to me, as things more often than not do, way later. That maybe I was tired during my other pregnancies. I went to the source to find out the scoop. I called my Hubby, Colin, who sounding puzzled, clarified that I was tired during the first two. Why had I forgotten? Is this pregnancy Brain a real deal? So I went online! OMGosh, I cannot believe the Preggo Brain stories! I am not alone! I am not the only one to forget her head should it not be attached, while pregnant! I am not the only one who is soooo tired, they can barely watch their favorite shows like Grey's Anatomy, even thought it is online the next day (Thank goodness for that by the way!).

So I decided to resign my position as Couch Council President. I got my tookas up with great gumption! I unwound the cord on the vacuum, and I vacuumed like a champ! Then! Then! I went so far as to mop as well! I decided, that while I do need to rest, I cannot let this get to me! It was like a moment of empowerment, a shock to my already shocked system to say "Hey! You can do something about this!" I even went back to my inner Martha, and made heart shaped cookies, glazed them, and wrote on them for the girl's class parties today! They were so happy! After Colin made dinner (God Bless him!) I did go back to my Couch Domain, but I did it with pride! I conquered the Couch Potato-ness! I conquered the tiredness! And then! I went to bed! LOL

My daily goal is to remember that I can, be productive and rest! I cannot let this get the best of me! I may not win Mommy of the Year (Although I am pretty sure I should!LOL) but I can still be a good mommy! Here's to Mommy's who do everything through Anything! God Bless us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment