Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parenting Communities


So now that I am wrapping my head around this new pregnancy, I have been doing what I do best, searching information online. There is a wealth of communities for every parenting situation and expectant parent situation out there, from adoption, to single parent, to mom’s who are not single yet feel they are too old to do this again, because the youngest won’t start Kindergarten till her oldest can drive kind of parent like me. So maybe I am still freaking… just a little. Gone are my brags about my youngest being 18 while I am only 44, now I am looking at 51. But that is OK, between the botox and the boob job that my recycling will bring me, I will still look 44… right? Yeah, maybe not.

Anyway, back to the communities. If by chance, this blog isn’t enough for you, because I know there is that chance…check out sites like http://www.babycenter.com/ or http://parenting.ivillage.com/. These sites offers tools like due date calculators, to baby name lists, to even journal sites where you can journal your pregnancy, giving you a voice, and letting other mom’s know they are not alone. They also have groups you can join and message with questions, or advice to others asking questions, or just everyday pregnant wonderings. There are many sites out there, check them out and see which fits for you!

These sites also have great links to savings for your new bundle of joy. You can sign up to receive free samples of formula (and these are actual containers when I signed up prior to my miscarriage, I was floored), and coupons for formula, diapers, and more. Expecting, want to be expecting, or just parenting, there is something for every season of parenting out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment