Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol: Shower Edition Here I come


I always knew was supposed to be a famous celebrity singer. I just have always known that. It is a part of me... well maybe a part of my imagination. However, that dream was dashed this morning, as I belted out my rendition of Taylor Swift's "Love Story" in the shower. I was great, let me tell you. I had all the lines, I wavered my voice, it was shower stellar! That is until Elise comes in and asks what all the yelling is about!


First of all, let's tackle the obvious, as a mother I have lost almost all privacy. The girls think nothing of walking in while I shower (or worse am using the restroom!) and just talking up a conversation, while I rinse my body and hair. Most days I don't care, but some days, (except for the restroom incidents on those I always care) I am like sheesh, doesn't a mom get a moment's peace? What the heck. Some days I don't feel like being watched, some days I just want to have that shower as my peaceful start to the day. Unfortunately the girls, just do not understand that, no matter how many times I tell them!!! I hate locking doors because if there was an emergency with how our room is set up, I would never hear them knocking. Anyway, I guess Mommy in their minds is 100% available all the time. I think I need to make a new rule!!!


OK, back to the questionable vocals! So hear I am, pretty sure that if a spotter was in my bathroom at that moment I would be offered a recording contract. Of course they would have to make me over and get me a trainer before they could sell me to the public, oh and I would have to have Bean first, but I would be famous! LOL Just when I am beaming with pride at myself, Elise comes in, hands over her ears, confused look on her face, asking, "What is all the yelling about? It is only 8am and no one is here!" I tell her I wasn't yelling, I was singing. She removes her hands from her ears, places them on her middle, and begins to laugh so hard, tears are coming down her face!


I feel my face redden, I forget I am naked and not quite dry, I point at the door angrily, she tries to apologize between the chuckles, "Out!" I yell! "Out!" "If you want to know what the yelling is about now? I would be more than happy to tell you!!!" She runs out. My dreams and pride are dashed, apparently my dreams of being discovered, are just dreams, and I, Calista, am not destined for a great singing career, but! but! I am destined to continue my shower serenades, because I like how I sing! But maybe I will spare the world, and not take up karaoke?

No comments:

Post a Comment