Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Frugal Tip of the Day Save on Household Items!

I think we have all heard about the millionaire who despite his fortune, saved the remnants of his soap bars and would put them together to reuse when the ball got big enough. My idea is similar, except far less tedious and gross. It came to me as I helped my dear Emma wash her hair. She likes to do it all herself. So I watched as she poured entirely too much shampoo for that little head of hers. All I could think of is what a waste! I told her she really doesn't need more than a quarter sized dollop for her head, and at most two of those dollops, definitely not two cup fulls.

So after her shower I head to the Laundry room, where I promptly fill up the detergent to the top line. Immediately I think about Emma and her shampoo. Why do I feel the need to fill it to the top? So I poured only 2/3 in about the 2nd line worth. Then off to the dishes where I thought about it before I filled both cups to the brim of Dishwasher detergent. Why after all are there two cups?

Soon I am sure there is a conspiracy amongst the manufacturers and the detergent companies!!! It is one to get us to over use these products and waste money! Now I don't even fill the one cup to the brim, and guess what? I still have shiny food free dishes! The same with the clothes detergent, I only go to line 2 really saving 1/3 of the detergent I would use per wash. Also with body wash and shampoos. I am not talking about getting half clean, but really using only what we need to get ourselves and our homes clean. I noticed that my laundry soap has lasted longer and all of our items like that. Really using more doesn't mean more clean, it means more money and cleaners down the drown. Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment