Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Frugal Tip of the Day Slow Down or Speed Up Your DSL


Most of us really don't notice if we have 1 or 10 mps(or whatever the speed thing is) for our DSL. We had one which is supposed to be slower than 10, but when for some reason or service ran a promotion I actually saved $20 a month by going to the higher speed! I called recently because I was on the money saving train, and if I lowered my speed, I would actually have to pay more than I am paying now! Crazy!!!


So call your Internet service provider, and the other providers in your area, see what they are charging for different speeds, you may end up changing! I know the hassle of email if you change! That is why I no longer use my Internet Service Providers email account. Check out Yahoo or GMail, for a free email account, that you will never have to switch despite changing providers!!! I did it about 3 years ago, and I am thrilled, I now feel free to change as I see fit, because there is no longer the irritation of having to email out each time, that we have changed!

2 comments:

  1. Great tip. Thank God Hubby takes care of this situation. Some companies will really take you for a ride.
    P.S.- Stop by my blog when you have a minute. You have an award waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh!!! I am so intrigued, I certainly will!!!

    ReplyDelete