Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Monday, January 5, 2009

Am I Invisible? A Mother's Story...

Hey! Hey! You out there! Do you see me??? 'Cause I feel invisible.

As a mother I have developed quite a few pet peeves. I peeve anything from dishes left on the table when two very capable (if not completely adorable when they sleep) girls run off post meal, to toe stepping oning. Okay, so I admit that Oning, is not a word. I admit it, yet it I am using, if only for today.

Back to the peeves. We were at the pet store, buying Rosie her food, this weekend when one of my peeves were violated three freaking times. I look at my daughter who at 10 is old enough to know better. Then I look at my throbbing toes, (Yes it is January, but in California we have a license to wear flip flops year round, as long as one's toes are manicured). Then I look back at her in fury!

This may seem like an over reaction, but it is too hard for a 10 year old to be able to see that if Mom is there, then she has feet attached? Really? I have told her so many times, that I am not invisible, and I am perfectly capable of walking up to her without so much as a toe brush let alone a toe stomp. Ugh!!!

For me and my kids this is a nearly daily occurrence and I take offense to the fact that I am no more noticeable than anything else, and really it makes me feel thought little of, whether or not it is the case. I have had to explain to them, the reason this infuriates me is because it feels like a lack of respect, whether or not it is intended to, and gosh darn it, bottom line.... It freaking hurts!

What are your pet peeves? Come On!!!! I know you got them!

No comments:

Post a Comment