Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bingo Wings...

If I ever thought I needed motivation to get fit by some cosmic force before, I was sorely mistaken.  All I really needed was to listen to the kiddos around me... Apparently honesty is the best policy, and the kids, have it down pat... Guess that is one success huh? Grrrr.... Maybe I need to start a new lesson called "Filter".

I was talking to my friend on the phone about how I am motivated, I have my fat wake-up call, I saw mom's with kids at the gym, that looked a heck of a lot better than me, so it is definitely possible.  When I hang up the phone I see Elise just smiling at me.  "Yes..." I say... "Oh," she says, "I just wanted to tell you that I am glad you are going to the gym, because maybe one day you can be skinny like me!" I smile, hiding the dragon within that wants to unleash on that poor naiive little girl and tell her that I will never be skinny like an 11 year old girl again!!! Hmph! I just say, "Oh thanks honey..." turn and grumble internally.

Later that day, I am talking to my neice and she starts talking about a Bingo Wing.  Intrigued by this newly coined (at least in my world) phrase, I ask her what a bingo wing is. She tells me to put my arm up, and hits my "muscle" on the wrong side of my arm and yells Bingo, as my "muscle" flubbs around.  "See Auntie? It's like the old ladies who play bingo?" I stare at her, so cute, so unaware, and again, I keep the dragon under control, smile and walk away..

Ugh! Bingo Wing?!? Who the heck thought of that?!  Definitely someone with no wings at all I am sure! So this morning I was looking at my wings, at this rate I could probably jump off a cliff and paraglide down safely with the wind under my wings.  I wonder if they can be cut off?  I wonder if they can be fixed?  Then I realize, I didn't get this not so svelt figure over night... I worked hard to get this pudge, but eating when stressed, and using food for comfort, and being idle when I should have been active.

I am now declaring war on the Bingo Wing.  Anyone out there who is looking to start somewhere, check for a bingo wing and declare war!  Stay tuned... Tomorrow is my weigh in... Gulp...

No comments:

Post a Comment