Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Friday, November 5, 2010

Blogging... is it really that hard?

Wow, to be a mom means to be selfless, loving, knowledgeable, and tired.  I am a mom.  I give my kids and husband my all.  I regret none of it.  I love them dearly.  I ask for little in return... A trip to the gym a few times a week (do we have to mom????), their chores done (which apparently makes them Cinderella), a couple nights out a MONTH to my bunco groups (but mom we neeeever see you, ahem except for every waking moment), and to blog (insert my whining voice, because I am too tired to think to blog!).

I miss blogging regularly.  Imparting my wisdom, my musings to the greater atmosphere to be read or not. It is my outlet.  I try to journal, but it is the same thing. To have the time to sit alone with my thoughts alone and a cup of tea??? Really??? Oh my goodness, what a luxury.  Instead even as I take the time out to write this blog, my thoughts keep going to the meat that needs to be defrosted, the pantry straightened, the counters wiped, and the never ending monster I call laundry is calling my name. Yet I write, for 5 minutes, maybe even 10. 

It is an exciting moment for me.  My journal sits to my left, and my cell phone with my eBay stats buzzing to my right.  The kids for the moment, content in their own activities to allow me this pleasure.  Life has been blog worthy as of late. I hope to bring that to a blog soon.  I have been trying to gather my thoughts around the changes in our lives. The good... The bad.  I hope to be able to share my experiences to the greater atmosphere, to be read or not, and if they are read, to make a difference to someone, whether it is just with humor, or information. 

As moms it is important to know we are not alone.  We are in this together, working or stay at home, married or single, straight or gay.  Mom's have a special job here on earth, and we are in it to win it. I wish you all a wonderful weekend... I am going to go make some tea, and pretend that we have a chilly November evening instead of the balmy humid one, we really have.  I can't make snow outside, like those ski places, but I can sure chill it up here at home... I am sure the employees at our electric company high five each other every time they get our reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment