Contact Me

Feel free to ask a question or make a comment about anything: www.calistaquinn@gmail.com

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life... For A Mom, it's the craziness that keeps us going!


Life... As a mom, I believe it is the craziness that keeps us going. On the rare, pretty much non-existent days where I have zero commitments on the calendar, I sit on the couch, flabbergasted wondering what to do with myself. Back when I had one one child, I would look at my calendar and try to fill the days so that I felt like I had a life. Crazy!!! If I knew then what I know now, I would have treasured those empty days.

The other morning I was updating my Icalendar which syncs with my iphone and my mobileme accounts so that I can always access my schedules. Each person in our family and even our non-profit has it's own colors so that from a glance I know whose activity is whose. If I forget to bring my phone to my computer to wirelessly sync, and something doesn't make it from the ical to the iphone, havoc is had. Am I the only one here? As I type I am feeling my neurosis is painfully evident.

I have been having this talk with myself for some time now (ok, now really starting to worry about the neurosis!) about slowing down and paring down our activities and commitments. But where to begin? Shall I start with my own, or with my children's? What about the non-profit? People count on what it does. I feel trapped and insanity looming ahead.

Then it hits me... Change from the craziness isn't necessarily the answer. Would days spent on the couch twiddling my thumbs really make me feel more together? Would floundering around while Bean naps and the E's are at school really relieve my stress? No, but taking a moment from the craziness, to do something for myself... yes another activity to take on, will.

So I am back to blogging. Releasing my creativity, my humor, and my neurosis, on the world wide web for all to see, just may help! If not, it will ensure that I will not take up the commitment to run for office, or heaven forbid, my blogs will be up on power point at my future debates. So relax America... Calista Quinn, mom of three... will not be looking to run for office, but I will be coming to a computer near you if you find me!

No comments:

Post a Comment